This section is for you if you are an international applicant applying to the College of Arts and Sciences as a first year or transfer student. Below you will find application deadlines, an outline of the application process, and information regarding financial aid.
Requirements for First-Year Applicants
- Common Application Form
- School Report with Official Transcript
To be completed by a secondary school counselor. (If your school has no counselor, a principal, head of division, or another school official may complete the form.) It is important that an official transcript of your courses, grades, and exam marks be included by the school with this report.
- Teacher Evaluations (2)
To be completed by teachers in academic subjects.
- International Certification of Finances Form (for all applicants)
Standardized Test Scores
Scores for these exams should be sent directly to Oberlin by the testing agency. You may send photocopies of your scores as a preliminary measure, but all final admissions decisions are based only on official reports.
- SAT or ACT with writing (SAT II subject tests are optional)
- Results of any national examinations you have taken
- TOEFL, IELTS, or the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB). If you are a native speaker of English or if your high school coursework was conducted in English, you do not need to submit a standardized language test.
Note: If it is not possible to take one or more of the required exams where you live, you may contact us for a waiver. Be aware, however, that applicants who provide a standardized test score will be considered more favorably.
You may send examples of your best academic or artistic work, however, please avoid sending numerous certificates or testimonials about your activities. A strong, well-prepared application is both comprehensive and concise.
Additional Requirements for International Transfer Applicants
In addition to all of the above forms, transfer applicants must also submit:
- College Official's Report
To be completed by the Dean of Students (or appropriate official) at your current university and should be sent directly to Oberlin by that person.
- International Transfer Student Midterm Report Form
Required if final grades do not yet appear on an official transcript. The deadline for submission is March 15.
Note: Transfer applicants must submit both a final secondary school transcript and the most recent university transcript as part of the School Report.