We cannot begin reviewing your application until we have received all of the required parts:
- Common Application
- Common Application Personal Essay
- School Report with Official Transcript
- Teacher Evaluations (2)
- Oberlin Supplement to the Common Application
- International Certification of Finances (this and its supporting documents may be emailed to email@example.com)
- Results of either the SAT or ACT with writing score
- TOEFL or IELTS (Scores must be sent directly to Oberlin by the testing service)
- College Board Financial Aid Profile (if applying for financial aid)
- Canadian citizens interested in applying for financial aid need to submit only the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE form
Oberlin admissions counselors engage in a holistic review process when reading and evaluating each application. This means many factors are considered, with no one component of the application singled out as most important.
- We seek an incoming class that represents a variety of talents, viewpoints, and achievements.
- We prefer a high school record demonstrating proficiency equivalent to four years of English, four years of mathematics, three years of the same foreign language, three years of laboratory science, and three years of social studies. These are recommended but not required.
- For your teacher evaluations, we strongly recommend they be written by teachers you recently had for academic courses—the people most familiar with your writing, analytical, and quantitative abilities.
- Although we require you to provide standardized test scores, no applicant is ever granted or denied admission to Oberlin solely on the basis of test scores.
- Recommendations from private instructors, coaches, clergy, mentors, extracurricular activity advisors, or employers that show evidence of your writing, analytical, and quantitative abilities.