Who is Eligible?
You are invited to experience the vibrant diversity of Oberlin's campus community through the Multicultural Visit Program. We encourage applications from students from diverse backgrounds such as:
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Black or African-American
- Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
- Low income and/or first-generation to college
The student must also be interested in a liberal arts and sciences education (Arts & Humanities, Math & Sciences, Social & Behavioral Sciences). Lastly, the program is only open to domestic US Citizens, Permanent Residents, or students with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
The application consists of multiple parts outlined below. We must receive all parts listed below by the applicable deadline:
- Application Form: Please apply using our online application.
- If you cannot complete the online application, please contact our office at (440) 775-8411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Essay: Be prepared to answer the following in 300 words or less: Since 1835 Oberlin has been a leader in diversity, becoming the first school in the nation to admit African Americans and adopting a policy to admit students regardless of race or gender. Knowing this, what do you feel you can contribute to Oberlin's community and commitment to diversity?
- Completed Counselor Form (automatically emailed to counselor upon submission of application)
- High School Transcript (Part of the Counselor Form. Unofficial copies are acceptable)
- SAT or ACT scores (Part of the Counselor Form)
Students admitted to the program must complete and submit the Responsibility Acknowledgement Form in order to participate.
Review of applications will be holistic and decisions will be made up to two weeks prior to the program date. MVP is a competitive program with limited space, so we encourage students to apply early.
2016 Program Dates and Deadlines
|Program Date||Application Deadline|
|October 27-29*||September 29|
|November 17-19||October 20|
|December 1-3||November 3|
*Students who plan to participate in a binding college application process, such as applying Early Decision to a school or participating in a match process through QuestBridge or Posse, must apply for the October visit weekend.