- Doctor of Philosophy, University of London, 1964
- B.A. (Hons.) in History, University of the West Indies , and Ph.D. in History from King's College, University of London.
- Areas of Expertise
- He has taught for more than three decades on Caribbean , African, African American and imperial history with specific reference to comparative slavery, colonial government and administration, labor history, and the societies and politics of the modern Caribbean and the Third World .
- Current Research
- Recent Publications and Awards
- Mr. Millette has also published two books: The Genesis of Crown Colony Government: Trinidad, 1783-1815, and Freedom Road, a study of the post-emancipation period in Caribbean history. His articles include a study of the integration movement in the Anglophone Caribbean, and an assessment of current trends in democratic government in the post-independent Caribbean . He has written a chapter in the forthcoming multi-volume History of the Caribbean to be published by UNESCO, and has submitted another chapter for volume V of the series.