For college-wide policies on transfer of credit, as well as the appropriate forms, please visit the Registrar's Transfer of Credit page.
If you need the Department of Anthropology chair's signature for Transfer of Credit from study away from Oberlin (preliminary or final, for elective or major/minor credit), please submit the following in an envelope to the Department Chair. No electronic copies are accepted.
1. A note that includes the following: a) Name, OCMR number, phone number, e-mail address, class standing (Fr, So, Jr, Sr), and major; b) How many credits you are seeking; c) What courses will be or were undertaken for how many credits at what institution and/or in what program; d) Indicate whether these credits are being sought as elective credits, major credits, or minor credits, and/or particular components of the anthropology major (for example, a particular field within the department or for fulfillment of the 400-level seminar requirement)
2. The appropriate Request for Transfer of Credit Form from the Registrar's Office, with your part completed.
3. Course materials: course description, syllabus (dates, class hours, material covered), papers, exams, other graded materials.
4. A note on how the course fits within anthropology if not a anthropology course.
5. A copy of transcript or other report on completion of the course and its grade.
If all is straightforward, the Chair will sign the form and return all materials to you in the envelope. If there are questions, the Chair will e-mail, call, or write to you for further information. Please allow two weeks for a response.
NOTE: As indicated on the Registrar's Transfer of Credit page, there is a one-year time limit on applications for credit transfer. In order for credit transfers to be processed in the Registrar's office soon enough to affect registration for the next semester, the fully completed and signed form needs to be submitted to the Registrar at least two weeks prior to registration. Credit transfer requests submitted to the Chair by the end of the fifth week of the semester will be returned to the submitting student more than two weeks prior to registration for the next semester.