Rice Hall 312
Personal Office Hours:
And Appointments by email
David E. Kelley
- Bachelor of Arts, Dartmouth College, 1970
- Master of Arts, Stanford University, 1972
- Doctor of Philosophy, Harvard University, 1986
David Kelley teaches courses on Chinese history, Vietnamese history, the historical invention of Asia, and a first-year seminar on approaches to world history. Mr. Kelley's scholarly interests focus on social and economic history of the later imperial period in China (c. 17th-19th centuries), as well as on Eurasian interconnections in world history. He is currently working on a GIS-based project incorporating data he has gathered on grain production and transport in Qing-period China. Mr. Kelley pursued this research at the Qing archives in Beijing during the Fall of 2008.
David Kelley is married to Alana Lucy Kelley, pastor at Magyar United Church of Christ in Elyria, Ohio. They have two sons, Matthew and Zachary, a lovely daughter-in-law, Tammy and the most beautiful and intelligent grandson possible, Solomon. Also a dog and a cat.
- Hist 106:EAST 122-Modern China-D. Kelley-Spr '16.pdf
- Hist 281-01-Ethnicity and Nation-D. Kelley-Spr '16.pdf