The GSFS framework for assessment and internal program review includes:
- A set of broad teaching, learning and citizenship goals that were collectively articulated by GSFS instructors and students.
- An articulated curricular structure for the GSFS major that includes course criteria and goals at different levels of the curriculum.
- A GSFS major rationale form required to be completed by each student major with the guidance of a GSFS advisor. This form is designed to facilitate planning, breadth and depth in each student major’s curricular path. Completed forms are approved by and on file with the Standing Committee on Majors.
- A feminist research methodologies assessment rubric to be completed by the instructor of Feminist Research Methodologies for every student enrolled in the course in a given term. The completed rubrics are on file in the GSFS office attached to the final research papers/proposals from that course. This rubric is an outcomes direct measure of some of the curricular goals of the GSFS major.
- A GSFS capstone final project assessment rubric to be completed by the instructor of a GSFS honors project or GSFS course in which a major completes a capstone final project in the senior year or no earlier than spring term of the junior year. This rubric is an outcomes direct measure of some of the curricular goals of the GSFS major.
- A GSFS senior survey that assesses each student’s experience of the major. This instrument operates as an indirect measure of the goals of the major and institute.