"La Red," or the Network, is an informal association of Oberlin faculty and staff who are working and/or teaching in the fields of Latin American, Hispanic, Caribbean, Latino/a Studies, and related areas. Among its objectives are:
- to coordinate course offerings in our areas
- to do collective programming of events and speakers
- to stimulate discussion among faculty, and between faculty and students, about our many shared interests
- to give students detailed information about the different major and minor options offered within these areas
- coordinate other advising components for our students, such as post-Oberlin career perspectives
- to coordinate fund raising efforts directly related to our area
La Red does not in any way substitute, or speak for, any existing groups, programs, or departments.
This web site is meant to give students and faculty information about the people connected to La Red, the courses they teach, and their research interests. It offers an alphabetical directory of faculty and staff, including contact information, courses taught, and research interests.