Assistant Professor of History Ellen Wurtzel
- Bachelor of Arts, Duke University, 1992
- Master of Science in Education, Bank Street College, 1995
- Master of Arts, Columbia University 1998
- Doctor of Philosophy, Columbia University, 2007
Teaching Interests: Medieval and early modern Europe, especially social, political, and cultural formation of the West from 1000-1700 Research Interests: Urban and legal history, state development, and gender. Professor Wurtzel's book project is about the transformation of urban jurisdiction and space in the context of early modern state formation in the southern Low Countries.
- Hist 209-The City in Europe-E. Wurtzel-Spr '16.pdf
- Hist 303-Posssession and Property in Medieval and Early Modern Europe-E. Wurtzel-Spr '16.pdf