- Bachelor of Arts, Swarthmore College, 1992
- Master of Arts, University of New Mexico, 1995
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2000
Pablo Mitchell is the author of West of Sex: Making Mexican America, 1900-1930 (University of Chicago Press, 2012). He is also the author of Coyote Nation: Sexuality, Race, and Conquest in Modernizing New Mexico, 1880-1920 (University of Chicago Press, 2005). The book was awarded the 2007 Ray Allen Billington Prize by the Organization of American Historians. His next book project is an overview of the history of Latina/os in the U.S. and is under contract with ABC/CLIO Press. In 2008, Mr. Mitchell was named one of ten 2008 Emerging Scholars by the magazine Diverse: Issues in Higher Education. Mr. Mitchell teaches courses on Latina/o History, US-Mexico Borderlands, History of American Sexualities, Mixed Heritage in US History, the American West, and Gilded Age America.
- Fall '13 Hist. 270 P. Mitchell.pdf
- Fall '13 Hist. 398 P. Mitchell.pdf
- Spr. '14-Hist. 427-P. Mitchell.pdf