Hebrew Heritage House (Johnson)
Built in 1885, Johnson House is the second oldest residence hall on campus and the only one designated solely for Jewish students. A three-story mansion housing nearly 30 students, Johnson is located on the southern edge of the campus.
The house contains a fully equipped kitchen, Joseph Elias Memorial Library, and lounges. Additionally, the close affiliation with the Jewish Studies Department and the live-in program director help students with their schoolwork and daily living.
While Johnson has no language requirement, residents and guests have the opportunity to meet regularly and speak Hebrew. Other events include the Chanukah dance party, speakers on Jewish identity, and barbeques on the large front yard.
Though not officially connected, many students in Johnson house choose to apply to eat at the Kosher-Halal Co-op, located in Talcott Hall. Students wishing to live in Johnson are asked to fill out an application.