- Bachelor of Arts, Swarthmore College, 1965
- Master of Arts, Yale University, 1967
- Master of Philosophy, Yale University, 1969
- Doctor of Philosophy, Yale University, 1970
A Dance to the Music of Time is sequence of comic novels (which must be read in order) by Anthony Powell. Powell's work is social comedy in the tradition of Jane Austen and George Meredith. Other twentieth century writers with whom he is often compared are Marcel Proust and Evelyn Waugh. The 12 short novels of A Dance to the Music of Time give a panoramic picture of English political, military, and artistic social life from 1921 to 1971 that is both intensely realistic and amazingly funny. Fans of these novels will find these links interesting.
- A Dance Miscellany
- Themes in A DANCE TO THE MUSIC OF TIME
- Comparing Anthony Powell with Marcel Proust