Facility & Resources
Most Conservatory of Music facilities are housed in a complex of three contiguous buildings designed by Minoru Yamasaki: Bibbins Hall, the Central Unit, and Robertson Hall. Resources include five concert halls, a music library, 150 practice rooms, and 231 Steinway pianos. The conservatory's tradition of musical excellence dates to its founding in 1865, making it the oldest in continuous operation in the United States.
In May 2010, the conservatory unveiled the Bertram and Judith Kohl Building, which houses the Jazz Studies Program, and its academic departments in music history and music theory.
Browse through these topical links to learn more about the instrument and special collections, instruction, rehearsal and performance spaces at the conservatory.
- Instrument and Special Collections
- Performance Spaces
- Recording and Rehearsal Spaces