Summer Week-long Residency at Pilot Balloon Church-house in Austin, TX
Bill Irwin '73: Lecture and Performance, Sunday, April 27th
7:30 pm - 9, Finney Chapel.
Bill Irwin '73, clown extraordinare and MacArthur (genius) fellow, gives a lecture-performance, featuring physical comedy, vaudeville, and some good, old-fashioned musing. Sponsored by OCircus. For more info, contact Will Passannante at email@example.com
The Directing II One-Acts open April 30th
Oberlin Theater Presents
The Directing II One-Acts
A collection of short plays directed by
students in Paul Moser's Directing II class
April 30 - May 2 | 8 pm
Oberlin College & Conservatory
Depts. of Theater, Dance, & Opera
Hector Aristizabal returns to Oberlin
Internationally-renowned theater artist Hector Aristizabal will visit Oberlin April 25-28 to lead a series of workshops on Rethinking Education--offering alternative ways of learning that support community-based knowledge.
Friday, April 25
- Peace Potluck at Peace Community Church (44 E Lorain St.). Potluck at 5:30pm and a workshop from 6:45-8pm.
Saturday, April 26
- Stilt workshop 1-3pm at Oberlin Community Services (285 S. Professor).
- One-man show, “Nightwind,” on Saturday at 7:30pm at First Church in Oberlin (106 North Main St).
Sunday, April 27
- 9:30-11 Workshop for the 24-hr Contact Improv Jam
- 1:30-5pm in Warner Gymnasium (on the Oberlin College campus at 90 North Professor St).
Monday, April 28
- Bonner Center for Service and Learning Education Discussion Lunch 12-1:30pm at the Cat in the Cream (180 W. Lorain St).
- Final workshop and celebration lasting from 4-8:30 at the FAVA Gallery (39 South Main St).
Mr. Aristizabal is the director of ImaginAction (www.imaginaction.org), a non-profit based in California that helps communities tap into creativity to engage in transformative action on behalf of community healing and social justice. He has visited Oberlin for the past six years. Food will be served at all evening events.