The woodwinds, brass, and percussion curricula are both intense and stimulating. The full-time resident faculty includes nationally recognized teacher-performers committed to providing careful, rigorous instruction. Highly selective admission standards limit the number of students, ensuring that all receive individualized instruction.
Curricular offerings include:
- reed-making classes
- orchestral repertoire classes for both brass and woodwinds
- marimba and timpani mallet construction
- tucking and mounting calf-skin drum heads
- chamber music classes for small ensembles
- Both private study and solo and ensemble performance are emphasized.