About the Association
The lineage of the Alumni Association may be traced to the first alumni organization, the Association of Alumni of the Oberlin Collegiate Institute. This predecessor organization was formed in 1839 "to cultivate and strengthen friendly feeling among its members...to perpetuate the purity and prosperity of the Institution from which they have graduated..." and listed 48 men and women eligible for membership at the time of formation. Since 1878, six positions on the College Board of Trustees have been set aside for members elected by the alumni body.
All graduates and former students, currently over 40,000, who attended the College of Arts and Sciences of Oberlin College, the Oberlin College Conservatory of Music, the Oberlin College Graduate School of Theology, or the Kindergarten Primary Training School, are members of the Alumni Association. The purpose of the Alumni Association is to foster the interests and continuing excellence of Oberlin College, including the College of Arts and Sciences and the Conservatory of Music, and to foster communication between the College and its alumni and among alumni. Members of the Association meet annually at the Alumni Luncheon, the day before Commencement.
Oberlin Alumni Association
The Dewy Ward '34 Alumni Center
65 East College Street, Suite 4
Oberlin, OH 44074
Telephone: (440) 775-8692
Fax: (440) 775-6748