How to Register for OBIEWeb
OBIEWeb is the portal Oberlin alumni can use to connect with other Obies, submit a class note, and keep your contact information up to date so you don't miss out on Oberlin events in your part of the world. This step-by-step guide tells you what you need to register. The whole process takes less than 5 minutes!
Step 1: Go to the Oberlin Alumni website and click on "OBIEWeb" in the left sidebar.
Step 2: Just above the login box is a link where First Time Visitors can begin the registration process.
Step 3: You will be asked for three pieces of information: your Alumni ID#, your Last Name, and your Class Year.
- Your Alumni ID# is not your T#. If you have a copy of the Oberlin Alumni Magazine, your Alumni ID# can be found above your name on the address label.
- If you don't have your Alumni ID#, you can contact our office or submit this form to have your information sent to you.
Enter your information in the proper fields. If you are receiving error messages, please contact our office.
Step 4: Once your record has been accessed, you will be asked for your e-mail address, a User ID, a password, and a security question.
- Your User ID can not be changed once created. User IDs are case-sensitive.
- You will also be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions for the OBIEWeb Online Community. If you would like to peruse the terms prior to registration, please click here.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the address provided.
You should now be registered for OBIEWeb. Welcome! Here are some of the nifty things you can do:
- Create a profile
- Upload a recent photo
- Submit a class note
- Look up friends or find Obies in your local area
- Adjust your privacy settings
- Register for alumni events (Happy Hours, Concerts, Sporting Events, Book Clubs, Alumni Day of Service, etc.)
- Access JSTOR and Project MUSE
If you have any questions or need assistance with the registration process, please contact our office.
What's different about OBIEWeb?
What else can I do with OBIEWeb?
How do I email someone using OBIEWeb?
What is "My Alumni Profile"?
How do I establish "Email Forwarding" with a world.oberlin.edu address?
How is "Email Forwarding" different than a regular e-mail account?
I received a suspicious email with oberlin.edu in the from address. The message contains an attachment. Is this a real message or a virus?
You may also want to enable your permanent address (@world.oberlin.edu) with spam control. You can select this option on the Email Forwarding page.