The Alumni Council is the governing body of the Alumni Association and creates programs that provide alumni service to Oberlin College. The council includes the most active group of volunteers working for the College. The executive director, who is an administrator of the College, directs activities from the campus. Members of the council return to Oberlin for a weekend of meetings each fall.
The Alumni Council consists of the following groups:
- Executive Board
- Regional Coordinators
- Affiliate Groups
- Alumni-Elected and Class-Elected Trustees
- Class Officers
- Lead Class Agents/Conservatory Cluster Agents
- Admissions Coordinators
- Former Presidents of the Alumni Association
Provisions in the Alumni Association Bylaws allow for at-large members of the Alumni Council— individuals who are not part of a defined volunteer group but whom the board believes would be valuable council participants.
Dates of Upcoming Council Meetings:
- Fall Alumni Council Weekend 2014 — September 19-21
- Fall Alumni Council Weekend 2015 — September 18-20