The Alumni Council includes the most active group of volunteers working for the college. The council is the governing body of the Alumni Association and creates programs that provide alumni service to the college. The executive director, who is an administrator of the college, directs activities from the campus. Members of the council return to Oberlin for a weekend of meetings each fall.
The Alumni Council consists of the following groups:
- Executive Board
- Regional Coordinators
- Regional Career Liaisons
- Self-Defined Groups
- Alumni-Elected and Class-Elected Trustees
- Class Officers
- Lead Class Agents/Conservatory Cluster Agents
- Admissions Coordinators
- Former Presidents of the Alumni Association
Provisions in the Alumni Association Bylaws allow for at-large members of the Alumni Council: individuals who are not part of one of the defined volunteer groups, but whom the board believes would be valuable council participants.
- Around the Square E-Newsletter: Complete editions of the alumni e-newsletter are available at:http://new.oberlin.edu/newsletters/around-the-square.
- Oberlin Review Online: Complete editions of the Oberlin Review are now available weekly as PDFs on their Web site: http://www.oberlin.edu/stupub/ocreview. You can find the PDFs in the top, left-hand corner of the Review's site.
- The Source: Oberlin's Resource for Campus News is a weekly e-newsletter produced by the Office of College Relations for members of the Oberlin College Community. The Source is published each Wednesday during the academic year.
Dates of Upcoming Council Meetings:
- Fall Alumni Council Weekend, September 27-29, 2013
- Fall Alumni Council Weekend, September 19-21, 2014