Each person who has graduated from or who has attended the College of Arts and Sciences of Oberlin College, the Oberlin College Conservatory of Music, the Oberlin College Graduate School of Theology, or the Kindergarten Primary Training School is entitled to participate as a member of the Alumni Association and receive Alumni Association benefits.
Publications for Alumni
Oberlin Alumni Magazine
- Read the latest issue
- To submit a Class Note or a digital photograph (high resolution only, please) to the Oberlin Alumni Magazine, you can do so via OBIEWeb or by e-mailing email@example.com. Please include your name and class year. Notes and print photos can also be mailed to:
Oberlin Alumni Magazine
247 W Lorain St., Suite C
Oberlin, OH 44074
Around the Square - Your Inside Connection to Oberlin Stories, News, and Events
Around the Square is an e-newsletter produced for alumni, emeriti, and friends of Oberlin College by the Alumni Association in cooperation with the Office of Communications. Around the Square reports on institutional developments; the achievements of faculty, staff, and students; town-gown news; and events and opportunities for alumni. If you have any questions or feedback about this e-newsletter, send e-mail to us at Around the Square.
How to Receive Around the Square
- Make sure we have your correct e-mail address. To update your e-mail address:
- Log on to OBIEweb and scroll down to review your e-mail settings
- Use "Click to Update" to make changes to your e-mail address
- If you are not registered on OBIEweb, select "Register now" on the OBIEweb portal, and follow the simple instructions. You will need your unique Alumni ID number the first time you enter the community. You may find your ID number located in the address label of your Oberlin Alumni Magazine or request it by e-mail or by giving us a call at (440) 775-8692.
OBIEWeb – The Alumni Online Directory
Alumni Association members can re-connect with former friends, find old classmates, and network with more than 30,000 Oberlin alumni through access to our online alumni directory. Members also receive exclusive access to journals across the arts, humanities, and social sciences through JSTOR and Project MUSE.
- OBIEWeb login
- E-mail Forwarding
Electronic Journal Database Access
Oberlin alumni can now access the full text of more than 1,300 journals at JSTOR and hundreds of journals and eBooks at Project MUSE. JSTOR includes the full text of journals across the arts, humanities, and social sciences. Project MUSE features the full text of hundreds of humanities and social studies journals and eBooks. The program is sponsored by the Friends of the Oberlin College Library, the Oberlin College Library, and the Oberlin Alumni Association.
Accessing Journal Databases
Scholarly journal access is available to Oberlin alumni behind the login of our alumni online community, OBIEWeb. When you log in to OBIEWeb, please click on Member Benefits and look for the Scholarly Journal Article Access link. If you are not registered for OBIEWeb, please click here.
Contact the Alumni Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 440-775-8692 if you have problems registering for OBIEWeb or connecting to JSTOR or Project Muse. If you have questions about either database, or would like tips for searching or saving your results, please contact the email@example.com at the Oberlin College Library.
The Alumni Association sponsors events year-round, both on-campus and around the country. Alumni have many opportunities to connect with each other and with Oberlin College at reunions, service events, Homecoming, book clubs and happy hours. Most events are free or only charge the cost of entry.
If you are looking for events in your part of the country, check out your Regional Alumni Club.
Oberlin College Facility Access
As a member of the Alumni Association, you are entitled to use college facilities, including Wilder Hall and Philips Gym. You will also receive discounts on Oberlin theater and concert events. All you need is an Alumni OCID.
To obtain an Alumni OCID, visit the Alumni Office at 65 E. College Street, Suite 4, Oberlin, OH.
Please note your Alumni ID will not function as a library card in the Oberlin College library. Click here to learn how you may continue to check out materials and access journal databases.
Hotel Savings Available to Alumni
Oberlin College employees, students, retirees and alumni can save on rooms at more than 7,000 participating Wyndham Group hotels worldwide!
You can receive up to 20% off the "best available rate" at participating locations every time you travel. You can book online using the link below or call and give the agent your discount ID number (1000007780) and Oberlin's institution affiliate ID number (003560) at the time of booking to receive your discount.
Here is the fine print:
- Discounts may be used for both business and leisure travel
- Discounts may be used throughout the year, excluding specific black-out dates
- This program is designed for individual travel and is not applicable to group travel. Up to 9 rooms may be booked for all brands except Wyndham Hotels and Resort, which has a 5-room maximum.
- Rooms must be booked via the prescribed channels (online or by phone) and cannot be booked via third-party online booking tools.
- Discounts are applied at time of booking and are not backed out of bill upon checking out of hotel.
|Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®||Days Inn®|
|Ramada Worldwide®||TRYP® by Wyndham|
|Dream® and Night® Hotels||Super 8®|
|Wingate® by Wyndham||Baymont Inns and Suites®|
|Hawthorn Suites® by Wyndham||Microtel Inns and Suites®|