Many students today fund a portion of their college expenses through scholarships given by private agencies, civic groups, companies, and other independent organizations. When the Office of Financial Aid receives information about such outside scholarships, it is posted online. Several good Internet search engines can also help students identify scholarship opportunities.
For information on how outside scholarships affect financial aid awards, see Financial Aid Policies.
Outside Scholarship Search Engines
With more than $3 billion in scholarships, the FastWeb scholarship search and www.scholarships.com are the largest, most accurate and most frequently updated scholarship databases. If you supply an e-mail address, they will notify you when new awards that match your profile are added to the database.
Be sure to visit the Oberlin College Financial Aid Facebook page for additional Outside Scholarship Opportunites.
Outside Scholarship Information Received by Oberlin
Financial Aid Resource Guide For Study Abroad
MoneyGeek.com is offering a Study Abroad Guide that explains different forms of financial aid and loans available to help fund this educational experience. Check it out at https://www.moneygeek.com/
Scholarship Guide for Women
MoneyGeek.com is offering a Scholarship Guide specifically geared toward helping Women apply for scholarships. Please visit the following site for additional information and to access the guide. https://www.moneygeek.com/education/college/resources/scholarships-for-women-guide/
Scholarship Guide for African American Students
MoneyGeek.com is offering a Scholarship Guide specifically geared toward African American students. Please visit the following site for additional information and to access the guide. http://www.moneygeek.com/
2016/2017 Margaret Wong Scholarship for Undocumented Students (DACA)
The Margaret Wong Scholarship, in partnership with Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC), assists students who are not eligible for federal student aid as a result of their citizenship status. Applicants must be immigrant students who reside in the United States and have achieved Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status. Please visit the following link for more information and details on how to apply: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/27635-College-Now-Greater-Cleveland
2016 NBC/Universal Tony Coelho Media Scholarship
Thanks to a generous contribution from NBCUniversal, the America Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) is proud to offer the NBCUniversal Tony Coelho Media Scholarship. This scholarship will offer eight (8) scholarships to students with disabilities who are interested in pursuing a career in the communications, media or entertainment industry. Each recipient will receive $$5,625 to help cover the cost of education at their current college or university. The scholarship will be available for the 2016 fall semester. The 2016 application is due July 1, 2016 by 5 pm ET. Please visit the following link for additional information: http://www.aapd.com/nbcuniversal-tony-coelho-media-scholarship-program/
Supporting STEM Scholarship
This is an annual scholarship for spring and fall semesters to benefit students involved in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) focused fields of study. the hope is to encourage youth to pursue these areas of study in order to cultivate college graduates who are prepared to work in fields which enhance the economy and complement our own business industry. Please visit the following link for additional information: https://hoshizakiicemaker.com/stem-scholarship
Reverie Innovation Scholarship
Reverie is happy to announce the 2016 Science, Design and Engineering Scholarship open to any and all interested and qualified students. The Reverie Scholarship awards the top three student essays chose: $2,000 first place; $1,000 second and third place. Please visit the following link for additional information and deadlines. http://www.reverie.com/wp/scholarship
Road to the Future Scholarship
The Road to the Future Scholarship awards $1000 annually to a deserving candidate who is working to become a computer science of information technology professional. Please visit the following link for additional information: http://computersciencemajor.org/computersciencemajor-org-road-to-the-future-1000-scholarship/
The ezDinero Latino Scholarship Fund Aspire!
ezDinero awards its annual Latino scholarship through its various scholarship programs, including scholarships geared specifically for high school seniors, community college students and current college students. In order to be eligible, applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, be pursuing or plan to pursue your first undergraduate or graduate degree, and plan to enroll as a part-time or full-time student at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution in the upcoming academic year. Deadline May 15. For more information please visit: https://www.ezdinero.com/english/latino-scholarships/
CLEMENTS & CLEMENTS BIANNUAL COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
Clements & Clements understand the value of a higher education and the challenges that come with obtaining a degree for both students and their families. For this reason, they are offering a $1,000 scholarship to the winners of their Biannual College Scholarship Essay Contest. Potential applicants can find information regarding the application procedure and this year's essay topic at the following link: http://www.clementslaw.com/scholarship
The Band Together Scholarship
The Band Together Scholarship is all about the most influential people in your life that have helped you get to where you are today. The annual scholarship will award $500 towards a student's tuition to the winner of a short essay contest. Application procedures can be found at the following link: http://willyoube.com/band-together-scholarship
Women in Finance Scholarship in support of women in STEM
Provided by The Mortgage Reports, the Women in Finance Scholarship will help a deserving female student cover her education expenses in the upcoming school year. Submission Deadline is May 17. Visit http://themortgagereports.com/first-time-home-buyers-guide/#scholarship for additional application information.
Toptal STEM Scholarships for Women
Toptal will award 12 scholarship over the next 12 months to help women pursue their technical career aspirations. This scholarship is open to more than just aspiring developers; the award applies to anyone with a passion for tech and welcomes applicants from all majors and academic standing.
Each scholarship winner will receive a stipend and a year of mentoring and guidance from the senior developers with the Toptal network.
Please visit the following link for the scholarship guidelines: https://www.toptal.com/scholarships
180 Medical: College Scholarship Program
180 Medical is honored to have a scholarship program to help those with spinal cord injuries, spina bifida, transverse myelitis, neurogenic bladder, or ostomy (ileostomy, colostomy, or urostomy).
Students attending a two-year, four-year, or graduate school program full time in the fall are eligible to apply. Applicants must be under a physician's care for a spinal cord injury, spina bifida, transverse myelitis, neurogenic bladder, or ostomy (ileostomy, colostomy, or urostomy). Must be a legal resident in the United States.
Scholarship Awards: Seven $1,000 college scholarships
Deadline: Application must be postmarked on or before June 1, 2016
For Application, please visit: http://www.180medical.com/scholarships
2016-17 Florence Allen Scholarship Program
Scholarships are available to Ohio women for undergraduate studies only.
Traditional Student Applicants
- Women who will graduate or have graduated from an Ohio high school or who have received a GED from the Ohio Board of Education prior to July 1, 2016.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Undergraduates who meet the above criteria and are enrolled as full-time students at an accredited degree-granting institution recognized by a State Board of Regents.
- Applicant must be pursuing her first undergraduate degree or a certificate.
Non-traditional Student Applicants
- Women who are residents of Ohio and are at least 30 years old as of April 1, 2016.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Undergraduates who meet the above criteria and are enrolled at am accredited degree-granting institution recognized by a state Board of Regents. (Applicant need not be a full-time student)
- Applicant must be pursuing her first undergraduate degree or a certificate.
How to Apply: Scholarship applications will be available from January 15 through March 31, 2016 by making a request via e-mail to email@example.com
Deadline: The completed application and all supporting documentation must be hand stamped (not metered) and mailed via US Postal Service First Class Main on or before April 1, 2016
THE HELP SAVE LIVES DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
- Available to all students seeking a post-secondary education in the United States.
- Must be enrolled in a University, College or other post-secondary institution or plan to enroll in the Fall of 2016.
- May apply or re-apply for the scholarship in any one or all of the four (4) post-secondary.
- Submission deadline is April 1, 2016. The scholarship will be awarded and made payable to the individual student on June 1, 2016.
You can find all the details at http://klandrylaw.com/help-save-lives-dont-text-drive-college-scholarship/
The Tree Center Scholarship Program
The Tree Center is offering a $500 scholarship to students at colleges within the US.
- Must currently be enrolled as a high school or college/university student within the United States.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (or the equivalent).
- Must be an American citizen, permanent resident, or hold a valid student visa.
- Must have designed an innovative project that makes a difference in the lives of others (This could be a website, series of blogs, an app, fundraising event, etc.)
- Must submit an essay describing the goal of the particular project and provide supporting documentation.
- The essay, idea, or creation must be the applicant’s original work.
- All submissions must be uploaded no later than 11:59 pm PST on the 20th of last month of each quarter (Q1: March 20th, Q2: June 20th, Q3: September 20th, Q4: December 20th). The submission window closes on the 21st of the final month of each quarter and will reopen on the 1st of each quarter at 8:00 a.m (Q1: January 1st, Q2: April 1st: Q3: July 1st, Q4: October 1st).
You can find all the details at http://www.thetreecenter.com/
Gagne, Scherer & Associates, LLC Scholarship
After the overwhelming positive response we got from our last scholarship, Gagne, Scherer & Associates, LLC., has decided to offer another $1,200 scholarship to individuals who are currently attending or planning on attending college or graduate school in the near future. The new deadline for entries is July 17, 2016.
The full details of the scholarship we are giving away can be found here:
FirstSiteGuide is an online knowledge base helping people start personal or business websites and blogs. These sites can be places to show off your hobbies, offer advice to others, advance your business interests, or just share personal stories, pictures, and videos. We believe the web is a great place to make new connections from all over the world or just your own neighborhood. Buy, sell, share your passions, educate, or entertain. Whatever you want to do, we want to help you do it.
Any degree-seeking student enrolled in an accredited college or university and to all high school students in the United States.
A $1,500 scholarship to be put towards tuition or books.
Submission deadline is May 31, 2016.
Requirements: Scholarship applicants must submit an essay on the provided topic.
Your submission on “Why Should you Start a Blog” of 1500 words minimum must be submitted to First Site Guide for evaluation. Please read the terms and conditions prior to submission. The best entrant, as judged by First Site Guide, will receive the award.
Reply: Submission of completed essays via firstname.lastname@example.org
Winner Announcement: June 15, 2016
The Zeiger Firm $1,000 Bi-Annual College Scholarship
After the overwhelming positive response we got from our last scholarship, The Zeiger Firm has decided to offer another $1,000 bi-annual scholarship to individuals who are currently attending or planning on attending college or graduate school in the near future. The new deadline for entries is February 15, 2016.
The full details of the scholarship we are giving away are here:
Our organization proudly awards a $1,000 scholarship on an semi-annual basis, with submission deadlines on April 30 and September 30 annually. The submission deadlines will remain the same annually; however, the prompts are subject to change.
The prompt and deadline for the April 30 application is: "Describe how one of the local government offices (or type of office) listed on our website has improved your own life and/or the lives of people around you."
Eligibility is open to US citizens 16 years of age and older who are currently enrolled or plan to enroll in an accredited institution of higher learning. Awards are sent directly to the financial aid or bursar's office of the finalist's enrollment. All majors are urged to apply.
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION PROCESS CAN BE FOUND AT COUNTYOFFICE.ORG.
Branson Show Inspired Scholarship
Branson Show Tickets is offering an academic scholarship for students currently enrolled, or planning on enrolling into an accredited institute of higher learning.
More details about the scholarship can be be found at: http://www.bransonshowtickets.
Basic details of the "Branson Shows Inspired Scholarship" are below:
1. Scholarship Amount: $1,000
2. Submissions must be received by October 15th
3. Submissions must be sent to the web form at the above listed site or can be sent via mail.
4. Applicants must be 16-19 years of age
5. The essay topic for our annual scholarship is, “How (*Enter Your Show*) Inspired Me to Realize My Dreams.” Don’t be afraid to be creative or let your personality shine! We want to hear your unique voice! You may include a short personal statement at the end of your essay if preferred, but it is not a requirement. In the event that you have not seen a Branson Show, you may research and use your creativity.
6. Selected finalist will have award paid directly to the institution they are enrolled in.
BransonShowTickets.com is the ultimate Branson, Missouri tourism agency.
Solar Action Alliance Scholarship
Solar Action Alliance, is a group of environmentalists who want to spread the word about the most clean, reliable and abundant source of renewable energy, the sun, To further spread the solar message and give back to the community, Solar Action Alliance has created a $1000 scholarship. Scholarship details can be found at https://solaractionalliance.org/scholarship/
Distracted Driving Awareness Scholarship
As personal injury trial lawyers, we have seen firsthand the devastation that injuries caused by distracted drivers cause. Distracted driving is one of the leading causes for car accidents involving people 27 and under and it is easily avoided. Our goal is to raise awareness of the perils of distracted driving, especially for young drivers.
Distracted driving results in thousands of accidents each year. The scholarship is for a student at any level, regardless of year, major, or program. Help us raise awareness for this serious issue. For more information please visit: http://www.neilburnslaw.com/distracted-driver-awareness-scholarship/
Greenpal Business Scholarship
GreenPal believes small businesses are the backbone of our country's economy.
Our CEO started his first company, a small lawn mowing business, in high school and grew the company while attending college, ultimately scaling the organization to over 100 employees. Having recently guided that company through acquisition by a respected national organization he wants to assist aspiring entrepreneurs attending college while starting or running a small business.
The purpose of The GreenPal Small Business Scholarship is to assist a motivated, driven student and future business leader. We believe that the generation of today's students are the future employers of tomorrow. The future of our county will be forged by the entrepreneurial spirit of today's generation.
If you currently run a small business while attending college or have a small business idea to start while you plan to attend college, see below for the instructions and criteria for applying for the GreenPal scholarship.
- We will open up the 2016 application entry period August 1, 2015
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., evidence of GPA.) Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Submissions are to be submitted through the online application process below
- Scholarship winner will be announced May 30th, 2016
- This is an evergreen scholarship and will be renewed and funded each year by GreenPal Co.
- Applicant must be graduating High School's Senior Class in 2015 or currently enrolled in a college of business with a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Applicant must demonstrate high ambition and desire to be an entrepreneur or business owner
- Applicant must have a declared major or minor in the college of Business, Economics, or Finance.
- Funds must be used for full-time enrollment at accredited two or four-year colleges, Universities, vocational or technical schools in the United States
To apply for the GreenPal Scholarship, email your essay (500-1000 words) along with a photo to scholarship @yourgreenpal.com . Winners will be announced on the GreenPal Scholarship page by April 30, 2016. http://www.yourgreenpal.com/scholarship
USPostmail.org will be awarding its annual Post Office Locator Scholarship for students enrolling in the upcoming 2015 Fall Semester. Both incoming and current students who are US citizens are eligible and urged to apply.
Eligible applicants will be required to write a short, 500-1000 word essay which will be judged on how well-written, compelling, and persuasive they are. Applications are due April 15, 2016 and finalists will be notified of selection on May 30, 2016.
This is an annual scholarship and the dates will remain the same year after year. More details of our scholarship, rules and application eligibility requirements may be found at: www.uspostmail.org/scholarship
Point Foundation Scholarship
On November 1, Point Foundation launched its online scholarship application. Point Foundation empowers promising LGBTQ students to achieve their full academic and leadership potential – despite the obstacles often put before them – to make a significant impact on society. Point promotes change through education, mentorship, leadership development and community service training, and provides its scholars with the financial ability to attend higher educational institutions across the nation.
Point is currently supporting 80 full-time undergraduate and graduate scholars during the 2015 – 2016 academic year. Each scholar is paired with a mentor who advises the scholar on education and career decisions, and also helps guide them through the completion of an annual community service project.
Point’s online scholarship application in now open and will be available until January 20, 2016. The Point Scholarship application is ONLY available online through our website: https://www.pointfoundation.
Soccerloco’s National Scholarship Program
Soccerloco has partnered with the American Business Women’s Association to launch a national scholarship fund and is holding an essay contest to determine the most qualified candidate. The winner of the contest will be awarded a $2,000 scholarship through the ABWA Scholarship Fund.
To enter the scholarship competition you must submit your 500-700 word essay on how your athletic career has helped you to become a better teammate, leader and person.
Students are encouraged to focus on how their sporting career has helped them gain critical life experiences that will transfer to their academic and professional careers. We encourage using specific stories and sharing how these experiences have helped you to grow as a person.
You must also include along with your essay your full name, email address, mailing address, college, year to graduate, phone number and a brief bio about yourself. Please limit your bio to 150 words or less.
The essay and accompanying information must be submitted to email@example.com no later than December 19, 2015 by 12:00 midnight Pacific Standard Time (PST).
Scholarship Deadline and Rules:
The deadline to submit an essay is December 19, 2015 by 12:00 midnight Pacific Standard Time (PST) . Essays will be read and evaluated and the winner will be selected by January 31, 2016 and contacted via email and phone. Scholarship money must be used for tuition or books. Scholarship is not renewable (meaning that it is good for only this cycle and a second scholarship will not be awarded to the same recipient in the subsequent year). Selection will be made by the Board of Trustees of ABWA’s educational scholarship fund. For the scholarship to be awarded, we must have a minimum of 3 qualified applicants that have completed the entire process. Checks not cashed will not be reissued and scholarship will be returned to the general SBMEF fund. (This is a rare occurrence but has happened).
Any further questions an applicant has can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
* The $2,000 award will only be usable for tuition and book costs. The check will be written to the winner’s school of choice and credited to your academic costs.
* Essays must be received no later than December 19, 2014 by 12:00 midnight Pacific Standard Time (PST).
* Submit your essay to email@example.com
The Ornament Shop
The Ornament Shop of Findlay, Ohio, a leading secondary dealer in Hallmark ornaments for the last 20 years is offering a $500 annual scholarship to university students. The scholarship will be decided based on an essay and is available to any student who is a United States citizen with any major area of study carrying a GPA of 3.0 or above. Payment will be made directly to the college/university where the winning student is enrolled.
The details about the scholarship and entry requirements can be found on our website at http://www.ornament-shop.com/
Applicants to the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program must:
- Be high school seniors, high school graduates, or current postsecondary undergraduate students.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico for the entire 2016-17 academic year. Proprietary and online schools are not eligible.
- Plan to major in a course of study that focuses on Engineering/Technology or select Design and Business related programs of study. See the list of eligible majors.
- Demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries using these areas of study.
- Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Excluded from consideration are employees and relatives of employees of Scholarship Management Services, Scholarship America and their affiliates and subcontractors, and GM Foundation Directors, Officers, and staff and their relatives. Although GM employees are not eligible, relatives of General Motors employees are eligible.
Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following factors:
Interested students can begin the electronic application process by clicking on the Login/Register link at the top of this page. You must supply a unique and valid email address and create a password.
Hartford Technology Rentals
Hartford Technology Rentals has been in the short term technology rental business for over 25 years. We feel that it is important to give back.
We are offering two $1000 scholarships that are available to students studying in the IT or related fields. Simply fill out the form and tell us about yourself and what you hope to do with your IT degree in the short essay form. One scholarship will be awarded in December and one in May. You may apply for both scholarships separately. More information on the application process can be found at http://hartfordrents.com/scholarship
College Club West Scholarship
College Club West Scholarship Information for 2016-17 Academic Year
Thank you for your interest in applying for a College Club West Scholarship grant for a minimum of $2000 for academic year 2016-2017.
- Women 25 years of age or older may apply.
- You must be enrolled in an educational program leading to a graduate or undergraduate degree.
- Associate degree candidates are only eligible if they are currently accepted into a bachelor’s degree program.
- You must live in the Ohio counties of Cuyahoga, Lorain or Medina.
Members of College Club West and their relatives are not eligible.
Scholarships will be awarded based on financial need, scholarship, career goals and community service. Each individual applicant may only submit one application a year. Applicants can apply again each year for a College Club West Scholarship as long as they are eligible.
Each Scholarship application will require the following materials:
- Scholarship Application Form – This form may be found on this website. It must be completed as instructed and submitted online. To make a hard copy of this form hold down the Control Key and then type the letter "p".
- Financial Form – 2015 Federal Income Tax forms required.
- Personal Essay – Complete as instructed on the Scholarship/Financial Form.
- Copy of your 2015 Income Tax return. Remove or black out all social security numbers.
Official transcripts must be received directly from all colleges and universities that you have attended. (Not a copy issued to a student.)
- Two Letters of Recommendation must be received from your professors, academic advisors, former teachers, employers, business associates or clergy, but not from any family members or close friends. Please see Main Menu for a printable copy of the recommendation form which should be used as a guide for the letter of recommendation. The Letters of Recommendation must include the recommender’s printed name, professional title(s), address and telephone number, and signature.
The Letters of Recommendation must be sent directly to the mailing address by the person writing the recommendation, not the applicant.
Note: Items 1, 2, 3, 4 are to be sent by the applicant to the Official Mailing Address listed below. Items 5 and 6 are to be mailed separately from the parties indicated above to the Official Mailing Address listed below.
Mailing Address for Scholarship Applications:
5792 Arlyne Lane
Medina, OH 44256-6805
Due Date for All Application Materials: March 15, 2016.
All application materials must be postmarked on or before the above date to be valid for consideration. Once all materials have been received and reviewed, the finalists will be contacted to schedule a personal interview time with the College Club West Scholarship Committee to be held on May 7, 2016.
Finalists will be notified shortly after the interview regarding their status and/or selection.
If you have any questions, please email your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants are pleased to be able to continue with our scholarship program for the 7th year. We will be awarding up to $1,000 to the winner(s) each year.
Scholarship Deadline - June 14, 2014.
Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of our web site: http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm
Full details are available on our site.
Please encourage your students to apply.
C.R. Meyers Memorial Scholarship
This is an annual scholarship for college-bound high school seniors and college enrolled students with a declared major in environmental sciences or environmental education.
Each year, one student is selected to receive the $1,000.00 scholarship.
- The individual must reside in an OALPRP member community. (Note: Residency is determined by the applicant’s home address, not the school address.)
- The application must be completed and emailed by April 15 or postmarked by April 15.
- The recipient of the scholarship will be announced in June. The recipient will be invited to a formal presentation at the OALPRP Summer Conference luncheon on Thursday, June 20, in Darke County.
To apply for the C.R. Meyers Memorial Scholarship, download application form. Email or mail all requirements to the scholarship chair. A complete application include application form, letter of recommendation from your guidance counselor or academic advisor that includes your current GPA reference, resume of your school and community involvement, and a one-page essay of approximately 500 words, describing your attitude toward litter prevention, recycling, and environmental stewardship.
If you have any questions or would like to check if your application is complete, please contact: email@example.com
Sherwin Williams Scholarship
Sherwin Williams Scholarship Program for students planning on careers in Accounting or Finance (not necessarily planning on becoming CPAs). Scholars will be notified of internship and work-study opportunities with Sherwin Williams during their college careers; participation in these opportunities is not required to receive the scholarship.
For a full description of the program and access to the online application, use the following link and credentials:
User name – sherwin
password – SWsmr2013
OFIC/Bricker & Eckler Endowed Scholarship
This scholarship program was created in 2011 with Bricker & Eckler awarding The Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges, the prestigious Bricker & Eckler Anniversary Gift. With this endowed gift, the donors' intent is to distribute annually the fund earnings as scholarships to promising and dedicated pre-law students.
One scholarship is available for students preparing for a legal career. These awards are for undergraduate study at any OFIC college in the 2016-2017 academic year. Awards may replace loans, but not grants. For a full description of the program and access to the online application use the following link and credentials: (these are case sensitive)
Dating & Relationship Psychology Scholarship
Annual scholarship awards $1,000 to U.S. undergraduates and graduates majoring in Psychology who seek a career in relationship counseling or a related field. Applicants will be judged based on academic achievement (minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA) and a minimum 500- to maximum 900-word essay entitled "The Psychology of Online Dating." The essay should address the psychological issues and challenges facing singles given the growing popularity of online dating, and how relationship professionals can help online daters navigate these challenges. See more details at: http://www.datingadvice.com/scholarship
Mail official transcript and original essay to:
c/o Digital Brands Inc.
15 SE 1st Ave, Suite B
Gainesville, FL 32601
Entries postmarked by: June 30th, annually
Disbursement on: July 31st, annually
* Please title your essay “The Psychology of Online Dating”
* List your full name as recognized by your educational institution
and a valid (.edu) email address
* Stay updated on scholarship award and instructions at
* Essay should be 12 point font, Times New Roman, double-
spaced, 1-inch margins
* Any resources should be cited using MLA format
* Any plagiarism or fabrication will disqualify student from award disbursement
Yellow Ribbon Project
Oberlin College participates in the Yellow Ribbon Project for post-9/11 veterans and their children. Additional financial aid funds are available to veterans and their children.
Visit www.gibill.va.gov for information about applying for funds through the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Thomas J. Seefred Trust Scholarship
- Students between the ages of 18-25
- Suffering from Juvenile Diabetes
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Ohio residents
Awarded based on academic promise, personal statement, recommendations and financial need. Awards of up to $3,000. April 1 postmark deadline. Additional information and application download: www.seefredtrust.org
US Bank Scholarship Program
Available to high school seniors and college undergraduates
Forty $1,000 scholarships awarded in a random drawing
Program runs October through March
Apply online at: www.usbank.com/scholarship
Gilman International Scholarship
- Enrolled as an Undergraduate student, receiving academic credit
- US Citizen
- Participating in a study abroad program of at least 4 weeks, but not more than an academic year
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant
Stop the Hate: Youth Speak Out! Scholarship
Maltz museum of Jewish Heritage
Scholarships of up to $50,000
Additional information available online www.mmjh.org
National Federation of the Blind Ohio
Scholarships ranging from $2,500 to $12,000 for legally blind students. High school seniors through grad school students.
Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute
Internships, Fellowships and Scholarships
- Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident
- Must be a graduate or undergraduate student
- 3.0 GPA
- Leadership skills
Hispanic College Fund Scholarship
Scholarships of up to $10,000 to students of Hispanic descent majoring in many different areas. To read more about each program's requirements and deadlines, please visit the website listed below. http://scholarships.hispanicfund.org
Graduate Fellowships in the Physical Sciences National Physical Science Consortium
NPSC identifies tomorrow's most promising scientists and matches them with employer sponsors who support their doctoral training.
Each fellowship is worth up to $200,000 depending on the university a Fellow attends.
Top U.S. agencies, companies and laboratories as well as more than 100 public and private universities participate in the program.
Fellowships are open to all eligible students with emphasis on recruiting historically underrepresented minority and women students in the physical sciences and related engineering fields
The Point Foundation LGBT Scholarships
There are numerous scholarship opportunities for LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) students. The Point Foundation provides financial support, mentoring and hope to meritorious students who are marginalized due to sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity.
American Chemical Society
This scholarship is designed to encourage African-American, Hispanic, and Native American students to pursue undergraduate college degrees in the chemical sciences.
To qualify, candidates must be:
- African American, Hispanic/Latino, or American Indian
- a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- a full-time student at an accredited college or university
- high academic achievers in chemistry or science (GPA 3.0)
- able to demonstrate financial need via FAFSA
- a high school senior, college freshmen, sophomore or junior
- major in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or a chemically-related science
www.chemistry.org/scholars or call 800-227-5558 ext. 6250
Polonia Foundation of Ohio
Grants ranging from $750 to $1500 will be awarded to students of Law, Medicine and Communications.
- Ohio residents
- Polish ancestry
Application requests and returns can be addressed to Edward J. Jayjack at 2120 W. Pleasant Valley Road, Parma, Ohio 44134
Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) Scholarship Fund
- Jewish, permanent and legal resident of Los Angeles County
- U.S. citizen or documented Legal permanent U.S. resident
- Planning to attend full-time in the U.S.
- Minimum 2.7 GPA
- Demonstrated and verifiable financial need
View PDF poster of scholarship criteria and scholarship
The Upakar Foundation - Geeta Rastogi Memorial Scholarship
Through a competitive process, the GRMS will recognize the most qualified student and award him/her with a $2000 scholarship per year toward their tuition. Details of the GRMS and instructions on how to apply are available at:
Deloitte & Touche Scholarship Program
The OFIC is pleased to announce the renewal of the Deloitte & Touche Scholarship Program for students planning to become CPAs. Three awards are available for undergraduate study at a college or university that is a member of The Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges in the 2016-17 academic year. Current scholars must re-apply.
Deloitte & Touche is very interested in cultivating relationships with their scholars and they will be strongly encouraged to apply and interview for an internship or work-study program with Deloitte during their college careers, although these opportunities are not required to receive the scholarship.
Students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Students who are attending an OFIC member institution full-time.
- Minimum 3.3 GPA, with a preference for 3.5 or higher.
- Financial need, as verified by college's Financial Aid Director.
- Planning a career as a Certified Public Accountant.
Open to all accounting majors who intend to complete the coursework required to sit for the CPA Exam. Demonstrated leadership potential while attending college.
Recipients can be sophomores, juniors and seniors.
Deadline, April 30, 2016