Flexible Spending Account (FSA)

A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) allows participants to make pre-tax contributions to pay for certain eligible expenses.  The two types of accounts are Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA.

The Medical FSA reimburses the participant for eligible medical, dental and vision out-of-pocket expenses such as copays and deductibles under a health insurance plan.

The Dependent Care FSA (for children under the age of 13 or for elderly dependents who reside with you)  reimburses the participant for eligible dependent care expenses such as day care, preschool, before/after school care programs, summer camps, and Nanny expenses attributed to dependent care.

To participate in the plan, benefit-eligible employees must enroll within 31 days from their date of hire or during our annual Open Enrollment in the month of October, with an effective date of January 1.  You must enroll each year in order to participate in the plan(You may change your contributions or enroll within 31 days of a status change such as marriage, birth/adoption, divorce, legal separation or annulment, or death.  If this is applicable to you, please contact HR at 440-775-8430.)

For detailed eligible expenses, please review the following: FSA - Eligible Expenses

For 2017, WageWorks is the third party administrator of the Oberlin College flex plan.

Once enr6olled, you will receive a Welcome to WageWorks email with a QuickStart Guide and instructions to set up your WageWorks account for the first time. If you do not recieve this email, please contact Customer Care at 1-877-WageWorks (877-924-3967).

Once your enrollment is approved, a WageWorks VISA card will be generated in your name and mailed directly to your home address. Please refer to the QuickStart Guide to help you manage your WageWorks VISA account and ways to submit a claim.

Note: Your card is valid for up to three years. DO NOT THROW AWAY your card once you have depleted your funds. You will be able to use your card again next year when you re-enroll in your plan. If you throw away your card, you may be charged for replacements.

The WageWorks VISA card may be used to pay for FSA-eligible services at health care providers, hospitals, doctors, dentists, pharmacies, and discount drug stores. Simply swipe your card and the amount of your eligible expense will be automatically deducted from your account.

DON'T FORGET! Always save receipts for FSA eligible expenses. You may be asked to submit receipts to verify that your expenses comply with IRS guidelines.

Accessing Your Flexible Spending Account: You will need to visit the website, www.WageWorks.com, to register. 

Requesting Reimbursement For Qualified Expenses: Simply log into your account and

  • Click "Submit Receipt or Claim"
  • Select "Pay Me Back"
  • Enter the information requested on form and submit
  • Scan or take a photo of your receipts, EOBs and other supporting documentation using the upload utility

If you prefer to submit a paper claim by fax or mail, download a "Pay Me Back" claim form at www.WageWorks.com.

You can also submit claims using the smartphone app. Download at www.wageworks.com/employees/go-mobile

For General Questions: Please contact Human Resources at 440-775-8430.



WageWorks QuickStart Guide

Pay Me Back Claim Form

Summary Annual Report