About the Office
The Office of Study Away is available as a resource to help Oberlin College students at every stage of the process of studying away from campus for winter term, semester or year. Resources are available to help students decide when, where and for how long they wish to study away. Our responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the annual Study Away Fair (held in the fall semester)
- Arranging visits to campus by representatives of study away organizations
- Maintaining accurate information about study away program options
- Holding information sessions for current students hoping to study away
- Monitoring the quality of affiliated programs to which we send students
- Advising students about individual programs
- Coordinating logistics and advising students on international winter term projects
- Guiding students with the application process for both the study away program and the on-campus Academic Leave of Absence Application
- Assisting students with pre-departure information
- Helping students as they re-enter the Oberlin community following their time away
- Coordinating the work of the faculty Off Campus Study Committee
- Working with faculty to maintain a strong study away program for all interested Oberlin students.
Study Away Library Information
Oberlin College maintains an extensive Study Away Library in Peters 205. The library is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Rochelle Travis oversees the Study Away Library and can provide information and resources to students researching study away options. Reference materials about study away programs are also available in the Study Away Library as well as evaluations from past Oberlin College study away participants. Small group information sessions and individual advising appointments are available by contacting the office at 440/775-8540.