Registering for a Project
Registration is the same for all projects. They may be submitted at any time. Early registration is strongly recommended. The winter term registration deadline for students not in residence during Fall Term is the first day of Winter Term. Otherwise, all students must register for Winter Term by the deadline, the first Friday in December (see Winter Term Calendar). No late registration is allowed — only changes to an existing registration. If a student cannot find his or her sponsor and the deadline is near, the student should see his or her advisor or a dean for assistance.
Please note that students signing up for a group project have to follow a two-step registration process:
- They must sign up with the project’s sponsor and then
- They must submit a WT Registration Card to the registrar's office by the first Friday in December.
To complete the Winter Term Registration Card
- Fill in the project title, limited to 30 letters and spaces.
- Fill in the project category (This applies only to students who matriculated prior to Fall 2007 see Academic Policy for descriptions of categories).
- Obtain the sponsor’s signature.
- Confirm that the sponsor has entered his or her winter term sponsor number on the card.
- Give the registration card to the Office of the Registrar.
Changes to Registration
A student who changes a project after registering must notify the Registrar by submitting a revised registration card. The student should proceed as follows:
- Students wishing to increase credit from half to full, change sponsors, or change projects (without necessarily changing the sponsor) must do so within the first 14 days of Winter Term. Students engaged in off-campus projects should take Registration Adjustment/Drop forms with them to initiate such changes.
- Students wishing to reduce the project credit from full to half may do so as late as February (see Winter Term Calendar for date). A Winter Term Registration Adjustment/Drop form signed by the sponsor must be submitted to the Registrar for such a change.
The only change that may be made without a card, and after winter term is over, is a slight alteration to the project title. If the student or project sponsor determines this necessary at the time the student is reporting on the project, the student and sponsor together should decide on a better title. The sponser will send the change in title to the Registrar's Office via email.