- Bachelor of Arts, Williams College, 1976
- Master of Science, Cornell University, 1978
- Doctor of Philosophy, Cornell University, 1982
- Astrophysics, radio astronomy, pulsars, ISM
Recent Honors Students
- Dan Hemberger, '07, "Gravitational Waves, Pulsars, and Interstellar Scattering"
- Alex Hill, '04, "Probing the Interstellar Medium on AU Size Scales Using Pulsar Scintillation"
- Dan Reeves, '03, "Pulsar Scintillation and the Interstellar Medium"
- Kate Becker, '01 "Time Variability of Scintillation Structure in Pulsar Secondary Spectra Over Twenty Years"
- Mark Kramer,'01, "The Parabolic Arc Phenomenon in Scintillation from the Pulsar PSR 1133+16"
- Introductory Astronomy
- Electricity, Magnetism & Thermodynamics Lab
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Astrophysics II: Galaxies and Cosmology
- Modern Physics Lab