Ensembles

Oberlin College Choir

Oberlin College Choir

Founded in 1929 by Olaf C. Christiansen as the Oberlin A Cappella Choir, the Oberlin College Choir is a select ensemble of College and Conservatory students that performs a wide variety of a capella and accompanied choral literature. In 1964, under the direction of Robert Fountain, the ensemble sang 39 concerts in the former Soviet Union and in Romania as part of the Cultural Exchange Program of the U. S. State Department. The ensemble also has a history of performing at Severance Hall with The Cleveland Orchestra. Assistant Professor Jason Harris directs the College Choir.