Oberlin Lambda Alumni
Seeking Volunteers to Lead Oberlin Lambda Alumni (OLA) Initiatives!
Oberlin Lambda Alumni (OLA) leaders are sought to recruit a steering committee of volunteers to help with programming and communication efforts on behalf of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender alumni and students at Oberlin College and Conservatory. If you are interested in possibly serving as a chair or co-chair of Oberlin Lambda Alumni, contact Danielle Young, Executive Director of the Oberlin Alumni Association, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Oberlin Lambda Alumni (OLA) was approved in fall 1989 as the Alumni Association's first self-defined group. It serves to facilitate the relationship between the college and its lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender alumni, and to increase the visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender persons and concerns in the life of the college. OLA coordinates an alumni reception during Commencement/Reunion weekend, and sends an annual newsletter to alumni.
Oberlin College LGBT Community History Project
The Oberlin College LGBT Community History Project is an interactive archive created to record, preserve, and make available Oberlin College’s LGBT history. Learn more.
The Oberlin Lambda Alumni (OLA)* Charter
Andrew Cemelli ‘85
Martha Shackford ‘69
- To facilitate the relationship between the College and its gay and lesbian alumni;
- To increase the visibility of gay and lesbian persons and concerns in the life of the College.
Membership is open to all interested alumni who wish to be included. Our officers are selected on an annual basis by a steering committee, which is open to all interested persons.
Plans for the next year:
- Development of a mailing list;
- Organization of a Commencement reception for returning gay and lesbian alumni;
- Working with the Development Office staff on increasing the participation rate among gay and lesbian alumni;
- Working with the various student groups to bring back to campus alumni for informal discussions over spring weekend;
- Developing winter term projects for housing for gay and lesbian students;
- Distributing a regular newsletter describing our activities.
* The first name of the group was "The Oberlin Gay & Lesbian Alumni Task Force."
For more information, e-mail Danielle Young, Executive Director of the Oberlin Alumni Association, at email@example.com.