Executive Board Organization
The Executive Board, which may have no more than 19 members, is responsible for conducting month-to-month Alumni Association business. It oversees the work of constituent groups and committees of the Alumni Council, develops and implements new programs, and studies issues important to the council or to the alumni body. The board usually meets four times a year; in March, June, September, and November.
As stated in the Alumni Association Bylaws, the board is composed of three elected officers, the president, the treasurer, and either the president elect or the past president, committee chairs, at large members, and no more than three affiliate group representatives.
Each president is elected to a one-year term as president elect followed by two years as president and one more year as past president. This means that the third officer of the association during the first year of a president's term is the past president, while during the second year it is the president elect. This four-year term of service cannot be repeated consecutively. The treasurer may serve up to three consecutive two-year terms. Other board members may serve no more than six consecutive years.
Executive Board Members 2013-2014
- President: Chuck Spitulnik '73 (term expires 2016)
- Past-President: Jacqueline Bradley Hughes '76 (term expires 2014)
- Secretary: Steven Watter '74 (term expires 2014)
Members At Large
- Bill Bradford '76 (term expires 2015)
- Carol Levine '84 National Campaign Committee (term expires 2016)
- Sarah Richards '85 (term expires 2014)
- Carol Silverman-Kurtz ’82 (term expires 2016)
- Vacant (term expires 2014)
- Admissions Advisory Committee: Jason Bribitzer-Stull '95 (term expires 2014)
- Awards Committee: Jed Johnson ’80 (term expires 2016)
- Career Exploration and Support Committee: Polly Washburn ’90 (term expires 2016)
- Conservatory Committee: Mandy Tuong '01 (term expires 2015)
- Development Committee: Judith Grubner ’73 (term expires 2016)
- Nominations Committee: Andy Manshel '78 (term expires 2014)
- Trustee Search Committee: Scott Alberts '94 (term expires 2015)