Oberlin Alumni Association
Commencement/Reunion Weekend: On-Campus and Online
This year's Commencement/Reunion Weekend fesitivities will include four cluster reunions (10th, 30th, 45th and 60th), two milestone reunions (25th and 50th), Obertones alumni and Ultimate Frisbee players. We will have a record number of guests this Memorial Day Weekend! Click here for the full schedule of events.
If you could not make it back to Oberlin for this year's Commencement/Reunion Weekend, you can still join the fun. Thanks to social media, we can bring parts of the weekend to you!
- See photos throughout the weekend on our Commencement/Reunion Weekend tumblr.
- Follow @oberlinalumni and #ObieCRW on Twitter.
- Join the Obie CRW room on turntable.fm to reconnect with Obies via music.
(Wait, what's turntable.fm? Here's an FAQ.)
- Watch livestreams of campus building tours, panel discussions, the Commencement recitals, and Monday's Commencement ceremony.
Driving and Parking Commencement/Reunion Weekend
This year's Commencement/Reunion Weekend will be one of the most-attended ever, with over 4,000 guests registered! Here is some helpful information should you be driving into campus this weekend:
- OH-58 (North Main Street) is under construction between OH-511 (Lorain Street) and Union Street. Although the area is passable, you may wish to seek an alternate route. Access to the parking lot behind Keep Cottage is available off North Professor Street between Stevenson Dining Hall and Kahn Hall.
- 15 Minute Parking is available at the Commencement/Reunion Welcome Center (65 East College Street) for guests checking in.
- Oberlin Public Schools has been kind enough to let us use their parking lots for long-term parking this weekend. The schools are:
- Eastwood Elementary - 198 East College Street
- Prospect Elementary - 36 South Professor Street
- Langston Middle School - 150 North Pleasant Street
- Oberlin High School - 281 North Pleasant Street
Oberlin Ride Finder
Do you need a ride to or from Oberlin for Commencement/Reunion Weekend? Do you have an extra seat or two in your vehicle and want some company? Interested in carpooling from the airport? Let the Oberlin Ride Finder help you!
If you can offer a ride or need a lift, you can browse our Ride Finder boards to see if someone in your area can accomodate. You can also submit a request to let people know what your situation is.
Commencement/Reunion Weekend Accommodations
Dormitory housing has run out of vacancies for Commencement/Reunion Weekend. Fortunately, there are several hotel options in the surrounding area that we hope will suit your travel needs. Many of these locations are less than a half-hour drive from the Oberlin campus.
Accommodations with availability as of May 15, 2013:
- Days Inn – Amherst (9 miles from Oberlin), Phone: 440-985-1428
- Motel 6 – Amherst (9 miles from Oberlin), Phone: 440-988-3266
- Best Western – Elyria (12 miles from Oberlin), Phone: 800-780-7234
- Candlewood Suites – North Olmsted (19 miles from Oberlin), Phone: 440-716-0584
- Pierre Radisson – North Olmsted (19 miles from Oberlin), Phone: 440-734-5060
- Homestead Suites – North Olmsted (19 miles from Oberlin), Phone: 440-777-8585
Oberlin Alumni Association on Facebook
Did you know that almost 4,000 Obies are staying connected through one Facebook group? Or that several regional clubs have online groups and pages of their own? With so many ways to connect, the Oberlin Alumni Association has launched its own Facebook page to unite all the resources.
On our page, you can keep up with events happening around the country, see the list of all the Facebook groups and pages with an Oberlin connection, or let us know if you "like" what we are doing.
Start Date: May 23 2013 6:00PM
End Date: May 23 2013
Location: Quenchers Saloon, 2401 N. Western Ave., Chicago, IL 60647, (773) 276-9730, www.quenchers.com
Event Type: Happy Hour,
Description: Quenchers Saloon in Bucktown/Logan Square
Start Date: May 29 2013 6:00PM
End Date: May 29 2013 8:00PM
Location: Home of Susan Troy '76 & Larry Zipursky '77, 1905 Linda Flora Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90077
Event Type: Reception, Meet & Greet
Description: Generously hosted by Oberlin Trustee Susan Troy '76 and Larry Zipursky '77
Start Date: May 31 2013 6:00PM
End Date: May 31 2013
Location: Progressive Field, 2401 Ontario St., Cleveland, OH 44115
Event Type: Baseball, Recreational
Description: Cleveland Indians vs. Tampa Bay Rays @ Progressive Field
Start Date: Jun 4 2013 6:00PM
End Date: Jun 4 2013 7:30PM
Location: Posse Chicago, 111 West Jackson Boulevard, Suite 1900, Chicago, IL
Event Type: Reception, Meet & Greet
Description: Come meet some of the newest Posse scholars!