INTENT TO APPLY
Although submitting the Intent to Apply is not required for application to the fellowship, applicants who indicate their intent will be supported with application advice. Applicants should file their Intent to Apply using this online form by December 17, 2012.
ROUND I – WRITTEN PROPOSAL (DEADLINE: February 25, 2013 4:30pm)
All material must be emailed in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover Sheet
- Narrative - Describe your venture in 3,000 words or fewer. You may include up to 10 pages of appendices or supporting material (e.g. supporting research, images, recordings, etc.) The narrative should include the following:
- Description of the proposed venture;
- Explanation of the need or demand for the venture (this should be quantified wherever possible);
- Statement of goals/plan of action for the fellowship year and projected timeline for achieving these goals and objectives;
- Identification and assessment of risk factors (e.g. competition; product or service development issues; personnel challenges; financial challenges;etc);
- Basic plan for financial sustainability and growth beyond the fellowship year (note: although Fellows are not obligated to continue the venture beyond the fellowship year, the proposal should reflect a business plan that would promote sustainability and growth).
- Budget – Budgets should include an itemization of projected expenses and revenue for the fellowship year. Budgets should be presented in spreadsheet format (e.g. Excel).
- Resume (one page) for each student principally involved in the project.
- Two signed confidential letters of support for each student principally involved in the project. One letter must be from an Oberlin College faculty or staff member who can comment on your ability to implement the proposed project. Letters should be submitted directly to The Creativity & Leadership Project, either scanned and sent via email (email@example.com) or in hard copy (ATT: Andrea Kalyn, Bibbins 113).
ROUND II - ORAL PRESENTATION (SCHEDULED FOR EARLY APRIL)
Applicants selected to advance to Round II will be asked to make a 15-minute presentation to the Fellowship Review Committee.
Fellowship Awards will be announced in mid-April.