Oberlin College Facilities Operations
The Facility Operations area serves the Oberlin College Community as the primary resource for all facility related needs and concerns. We strive to ensure efficient day-to-day operations of Oberlin College's campus that include:
- Handling routine, emergency and preventative maintenance needs of ALL building systems.
- Providing landscaping, snow removal, care of athletic fields, and Ground’s equipment maintenance.
- Receiving and warehousing, transportation services, event set-ups and moves.
- Supporting the day-to-day Custodial needs as well as providing emergency custodial coverage to the campus community.
- Providing daily mail and package delivery.
- Supporting the Recycling and sustainability efforts on campus.
- Providing pest and critter control for our campus community.
- Supporting special functions on campus and within the Oberlin city community.
- Working with and supporting the efforts of the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Office.
- Coordinating efforts with the Facilities Planning and Construction (FP & C) office regarding capital improvement projects on our campus.
2013 SNOW EMERGENCY PARKING PLAN 2013
The new Key Deposit rates will become effective starting October 1, 2012.
ALL MVRs (Driving Background Checks) EXPIRE on 6/30/13
As we near the end of the Academic Year, please remember that all driving background checks (MVRs) expire on 6/30/13. You can stop by Facilities Operations, 173 W. Lorain Street, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to fill out a new authorization for 2013/2014. We will hold your requests for 2013/2014 until 7/1/13 and fax them in on that date. You are welcome to print out the MVR form and fill it in ahead of time, please leave the "College Authorized Signature" line blank for us to sign. As always, please refer to College-Related Vehicle Rentals for updated procedures and policies regarding renting vehicles at Oberlin College. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call 58445.
Campus U.S. Postal Service Mail Delivery.
The USPS will reduce the number of campus sites it services for deliveries and pickups. Read more.