Office of the Registrar
The Office of Registrar provides services to students from the time a student is admitted through graduation and beyond. The office staff supports enrollment and registration activities by maintaining and publishing course offerings, managing the enrollment and registration processes each semester, and coordinating the publication of the online course catalog.
Registrar staff assist with all of the changes that occur during a student’s career; for example, changes of major, names, addresses, updates to enrollment status, application for transfer of credit, and reinstatement of enrollment in the college. The office staff oversees the grade submission process so that students may see grades in PRESTO and request transcripts that contain final grades. When students approach graduation, the registrar staff certify that degree requirements have been met, orders diplomas, and supports Commencement activities. Finally, they complete transcript requests and certify enrollment status for insurance purposes.
The Oberlin College Office of the Registrar pledges to:
- Serve and advance higher education by safeguarding the academic integrity of Oberlin College;
- Protect the legitimate privacy interests of all individuals and maintain appropriate confidentiality of student educational records;
- Adhere to principles of nondiscrimination and equality within the framework of institutional mission and prevailing law;
- Assist students to develop their talents and interests and become responsible citizens;
- Provide to prospective students and their families accurate interpretations of institutional admissions criteria, transfer credit policies, costs, financial aid availability, and educational offerings;
- Ensure that information management systems protect and maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and security of institutional records;
- Provide accurate interpretations of institutional records; and
- Exercise sound management principles, using institutional resources effectively and efficiently.
|Off-Campus Registration Request for students on a personal leave|
|Registration Information for students on an Academic Leave of Absence|
|Off-campus Registration Request for students on an academic leave|
|Catalog (pdf as of June 15, no course descriptions)|
|Information for Parents|
|Leaves and Withdrawals|
|Oberlin Events Calendar|
|PRESTO - Faculty Guide