Ordering Transcripts


Beginning October 13, 2014 Oberlin College has changed its methodology for transcript processing.

We are excited to announce that we have chosen Credentials eSCRIP-SAFE as our trusted agent for processing all official transcript requests and delivering electronic academic transcripts.  In recent years, The Registrar’s Office has received many requests to deliver official transcripts electronically.  We also recognize that many students and alums who request transcripts want to be able to pay for transcripts with credit cards rather than with cash or by check.  Finally, because we require a written signature for each transcript request, there are often delays.  Our new process provides students with fast delivery time; a secure network; payment options including credits cards; and easy tracking of delivery and receipt of the transcript.

Network Delivery — many colleges, universities and other agencies are members of Credentials eSCRIP-SAFE’s secure network and actively receive electronic transcripts.

Your transcript is never delivered by email – instead your recipient is notified by email that your transcript is available for pickup at the specific “one-time” URL identified in the email. To insure prompt delivery and receipt, make sure the recipient knows that you are sending them an electronic transcript and will accept the electronic version. Finally, ask the receiver to white list @escrip-safe.com.

If the recipient will not accept an electronic transcript, you will have the option of requesting a paper copy delivered to a US Postal Service address.

One Time Delivery — if your intended recipient is not a network member (including a transcript sent to you), your transcript can still be delivered electronically to anyone anywhere in the world. Receivers are designated and identified by you, the requestor, through the recipient’s email address.

To place an order for an official transcript, go to https://iwantmytranscript.com/oberlin. The first time you use this service you will establish an account. The process is simple and asks for your current/former name(s), address, student ID, dates of attendance and other information. Because Federal Law (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) requires your signature in order to release your academic records, you must complete a Consent Form and return it as directed before your first request can be processed. The signed Consent Form remains on file with SCRIP-SAFE to cover your future Oberlin transcript requests through this service.

You will pay for your transcript via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover). The most current security available is used to protect your credit card and personal information. A $3.00 processing fee for each recipient (transcript addressee) is charged by Credentials eSCRIP-SAFE, in addition to the Oberlin Transcript fee of $6.00.

Once you have placed your order, we will review your request and send the transcript to Credentials eSCRIP-SAFE via their secure network.

You can check the status of your transcript request at any time by logging on to Transcripts on Demand (https://iwantmytranscript.com/oberlin)and selecting the “Review Past Orders” tab. You will also receive email notifications of your order status.

Generally, you can expect that your transcript will be delivered to the requestor within three working days, assuming you have established your account and no holds restrict the issuance of a transcript. If you need the transcript delivered in less than three days, please contact our office for special arrangements. 

If you left Oberlin prior to 2000, we can still assist you with ordering official transcripts through iwantmytranscript.com/oberlin.  Using iwantmytranscript.com/oberlin through ScripSafe will ensure delivery in approximately three working days (once you have completed the account set up process) and you will be able to pay for transcripts using your credit card. 

If you need an “unofficial transcript” for reference purposes, you have different options. If you attended Oberlin 2000 and later, you can still access PRESTO (presto.cc.oberlin.edu) and see your transcript online in PRESTO. To log in, you need your Oberlin ID which is your T Number. You also need your PRESTO PIN; if you have forgotten it, there is an option to retrieve it at the log-in page.

If you are a current student, we will continue to provide unofficial transcripts free of charge in our office. Visit us in Carnegie 124 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.