Paying the Term Bill
Payments can be made in the form of cash, check, online, or wire transfer. All payments must be in U.S. funds and drawn on a U.S. bank located in the United States. In addition to wire transfers, international students may pay with a World Money Order issued in US dollars. Please include the students name and Oberlin ID number with the remittance. Payments can be sent to our bank lockbox at:Oberlin CollegePO Box 75731Cleveland, OH 44101-4755
Payment can also be sent directly to Oberlin College to the Office of Student Accounts:
Office of Student Accounts
52 West Lorain Street #122
Oberlin, OH 44074
All students are required to have their accounts paid in full or be enrolled and current in one of Oberlin's payment plans by the first day of enrollment.
If you are using a 529 Plan to pay for college expenses and you have chosen to have the payment sent directly to Oberlin College the payments should be sent by check directly to the Office of Students Accounts in Oberlin at the address above. It is important for proper posting that the payment identifies the student by name and list the Oberlin ID# if possible. The College does not accept electronic funds transfers. If you have additional questions please e-mail our office at email@example.com
Payment on the Web
Term bills can be securely paid online using your checking or savings account. You may also pay with a credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. A 2.99% convenience fee will be charged. Payment on the Web can only be used to pay for term bill charges.
To pay your bill using a checking or savings account click here.
To pay using a credit card with a convenience fee of 2.99% click here.
International Wire Payments
Oberlin has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save money, as compared to traditional banks. You will also be notified via e-mail when your payment is received by the school.
Click or go to: oberlin.peertransfer.com to begin the payment process
Students may also use the standard wire transfer process. Please contact the office by e-mail for wiring instructions.
Monthly Payment Plans
A monthly payment plan, administered by Tuition Management Systems (TMS), allows Oberlin College students and their parents to spread out annual college costs, including tuition, fees, housing and meals. Enrollment is available for the 2013/14 school year. The payment plan consists of 10 payments. July 1, 2013 through April 1, 2014. Enrollment is available through August 20, 2013.
Oberlin College is pleased to offer this service from TMS, and we encourage you to take advantage of it. We believe it is a responsible tool for making education more affordable.
Consider this option if you:
- Can't pay the tuition bill in full before the beginning of the semester;
- Can pay at least a portion of your tuition bill from current cash flow or savings; or
- Want to avoid overborrowing.
The Monthly Plan is not a loan, so there are no interest charges. And you can develop a monthly budget that fits your family's financial situation.
Here's how it works:
- Call TMS at (800) 722-4867 or (888) 713-7238 to develop a budget plan and to enroll. Any family can use the Monthly Payment Plan: There are no eligibility requirements or credit checks.
- A certified consultant will help you decide how much you can afford to pay each month. Even if you can't pay the entire tuition bill out-of-pocket, any portion you can pay will significantly reduce your interest charges (when compared to a loan).
- Each month, send your payments directly to TMS. TMS works with Oberlin to update the school of your payments and forwards the monies.
- At any time, you can take advantage of TMS's online account management tool through the TMS website. This will show you information such as when your last payment arrived, when your next payment is due, and how many payments you have left for the year.
- An enrollment fee of $55 for the 2012/13 school year is required for the plan.
Oberlin College Payment Plan
Oberlin College offers an interest free payment plan that allows families to pay semester charges in three equal installments. Installment due dates for the Spring 2014 term are:
|Jan. 28, 2014||1st Installment|
|Feb. 25, 2014||2nd Installment|
|March 25, 2014||3rd Installment|
The plan is only for 90 days and terminates automatically on March 25, 2014. If you are interested in signing up for the Oberlin College Payment Plan, please click on the link below and return a completed form to the Office of Student Accounts via mail, fax, or e-mail. An enrollment form must be submitted for each semester to receive the interest free benefit.
Whichever option you choose, the Office of Student Accounts will send statements reporting all charges and payments posted, to student's PRESTO accounts monthly. Students are responsible for providing their billing statements to interested parties.