This published version of the Oberlin College Student Regulations, Policies, and Procedures is intended to be a guide to the principles and policie that shape and regulate our community. Those who matriculate at Oberlin have entered into a unique community, dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and excellence. By joining this community, you are expected to understand and abide by the principles and policies that enable us to thrive as educators, scholars, and learners.
Read more of the letter from the dean...
The Purpose of Published Regulations
The purpose of the delineation of rights, freedoms, and responsibilities that follows is to foster learning and the free exchange of ideas within a cooperative academic community.
As a deliberate community of scholars, Oberlin College has a set of rules and regulations that are intended to enable students to strike a reasonable balance between personal freedom and their responsibility to the quality of life in their ... Read more »
A. Philosophy It is understood that Oberlin students are adults. Therefore, Oberlin College does not act in loco parentis. The college provides students with the freedom and encouragement to make decisions and requires them to assume responsibility ... Read more »
Students are expected to be responsible for their actions and to conduct themselves in accordance with the rules and regulations of the college. Violation of the Oberlin College Code of Conduct shall be grounds for disciplinary action. Violations ... Read more »
As a residential college, Oberlin offers a context in which rich intellectual and social exchangement continues in spaces beyond the classroom; and nurtures a holistic educational experience that leads students to life-long engagement in learning. This ... Read more »
- Honor System Charter
- Judicial System
- Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedure
- Discrimination and Harassment Policy and Processes
This segment deliniates important regulations, policies, and procedures reltated to student enrollment. For additional information regarding student accounts and student academic records see the websites of the Office of the Registrar, and Student ... Read more »
The Obelrin College enviroment provides access to a world class services and facilities. When using these serivces and spaces please adhere to all provided policy. Use the links on the right of your screen to view the respective policy.
- Policies for Conservatory of Music
- Library Policy
- Information Technology Policies
- Motor Vehicle Parking and Traffic
- Bicycle Policy
- Mailroom Regulations
- State Law on Coin Machines
- Temporary Art Installation Policy
- Trampolines and Hammocks Policy
Any regularly enrolled full-time student is eligible for all recognized extracurricular activities; all others are not. Any group of students is free to organize for any purpose in accordance with the regulations of Oberlin College. Advisors to ... Read more »
As a first step, students are urged to go directly to the person(s) concerned and discuss the source of their problem as openly as possible. If this confrontation of the difficulty and airing of a grievance leads to no resolution, or when it seems ... Read more »
- Grievances Related to Academic Affairs or Other Matters Involving the Teaching Faculty
- Student Infractions of the Honor Code
- Nonacademic Complaints Against Students Requiring Adjudication and Possible Disciplinary Action
- Grievances Under Section 438 of the General Education Provisions Act
- Grievances Against Officers of Student Organizations and Governing Bodies
- Complaints Related to Health Services or Oberlin Counseling Center
- Grievances Related to the Administration of Housing and Dining Policies
- Grievances Related to Procedures or Billings of the Oberlin Student Cooperative Association
- Services Provided by the Office of the Ombudsperson
- Grievances Related to Discrimination and Harrassment
The college’s Housing and Dining Program is an integral and required component of an Oberlin education. In choosing this residential college, students agree to accept the following principles, terms, and conditions, and to be responsible for all... Read more »
- Community Resources and Opportunities
- Housing and Dining Conduct Policies
- Housing Related Faculty Approved Policies
Please use the links on the right side of your screen to access additonal important imformaiton regarding Oberlin College student policies.